Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Steven Caringella

Welcome 2009 MERIT participants! My name is Steven Caringella, and I am the instructor of the K-6 cohort. You are all in for an awesome summer of learning, networking, refreshment, and inspiration!
I was a MERIT participant during the 2004-2005 school year, and have been inspired ever since! I went on to participate in the MERIT Fellows program, in which teams of teachers create multi-classroom collaborative projects. I then became a part-time instructor at the Krause Center, in which I have the chance to share the awesome potential of educational technology with other K-12 teachers. I currently give presentations on the use of one such tool, Thinkquest.org, at various conferences in Northern and Southern California.
I teach Spanish to middle school students at Thomas Russell Middle School in the Milpitas Unified School District. My students recently completed a a language exchange with a high school in Peru using Thinkquest.org.
When I am not teaching at the KCI, and not teaching at Thomas Russell Middle School, you will find me spending time with my wife Jen and my two sons, Chase and Dean. Looking forward to meeting all of you and working with you this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve! The blogs/wiki class that you taught was so helpful! I immediately started a wiki for my student council so that they can plan over the summer!

    ReplyDelete