Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rachel Hager


Hello, I am looking forward to meeting everyone in person. Here's a little about myself--I came from Minnesota, as soon as I graduated, to escape the endless arctic winter. I will always miss it. I went to Pepperdine University in Malibu as a theater major then found my calling and pursued Environmental Studies at UCSC shortly thereafter. I have resided in Santa Cruz county most of my adult life. I feel at home in the coastal redwoods. I work in Santa Clara Unified at Buchser Middle School. My content area is Science, and I also run the video program and student council. I anticipate creating more science/ecology videos. I am creating videos for www.nextvista.org http://www.nextvista.org/rov-pilot/ presently focusing on science careers. I enjoy bringing ecological, cultural and technological diversity to my classroom and to the school. My teaching style emphasizes cooperative lab groups and relies heavily on technology and hands-on experiences. My learning style is primarily visual and auditory. In my classroom, I foster groupwork, however, I think I learn more quickly when I have time on my own to grapple with the ideas. My hobbies are singing and enjoying the outdoors with my husband and two sons ages 6 and 12. See you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Rachel,

    We're neighbors -- I live in Felton, but teach in Saratoga. See you next week.

    V

    ReplyDelete