Monday, June 29, 2009

Peter Vallejo

Hello,
I am Peter, pictured here to the left - not the shark. I have been teaching at Tennyson High School for the past eight years as a science teacher. I have taught Earth Science, Biology, AP Environmental Science, Physical Science and our newest course that all our freshman take, Conceptual Physics.
I enjoy using technology as a tool to increase engagement and learning potential. Some learning tools I have been getting more into as of late include document cameras, digital microscopes and electronic probes/data loggers. I would like to increase my own use and proficiency and put the power of these tools in the hands of my students. I look forward to expanding my tool kit of technology in the classroom, both for myself and my students.
Over the past couple years I have had the opportunity to have excellent professional development as a Science Coach/Partner teacher. Although I have been successful and most comfortable with traditional teaching and learning, I have found that incorporating social and metacognitive aspects into both are essential . In discovering this in greater depth for myself, my instruction is evolving in this direction.
On another note, I enjoy traveling both domestically and internationally. The picture I have included is from the north shore of Oahu.
See you all soon :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to hearing about your conceptual physics class as we are trying to reincorporate a freshman level class at our school. See you next week.
    --Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your picture! I wonder if I'll recognize you when we meet tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete