Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jay Lin

Hello Everyone!!!

So, summer is here and I hope everyone is doing great. My name is Jay Lin and I have been teaching at Fremont High School in Sunnyvale for 2 years. I teach World History, World Studies, and US History (sheltered and mainstream). In addition, I coach the badminton team and advise the LiNK (Liberty in North Korea) Club at our school. It's been an interesting spring semester taking on a 6th class, the AVID elective class, while simultaneously coaching.

As for a bit of history, I was born and raised in Guam. I am Okinawan, Taiwanese, and Filipino. I came out to California after high school and got my BA and MA at the University of San Francisco; with an opportunity to live in Budapest for a semester. Straight after, I moved to Japan with my lady to teach english and travel around. We eventually moved back to San Francisco, which is where we currently reside. I am now a happy social science teacher and firebird at FHS.

So, I'm looking forward to relaxing and accomplishing a few things such as the picture shown above. Teaching-wise, this summer I really want to fine-tune my trade through programs such as the KCI Merit Program. I plan on working with a few of my colleagues, such as Eric Wong who is also in our program. I've had a few colleagues who have gone through KCI and I'm anxious to learn some new ways to not only incorporate tech into the classroom, but teach students some practical life-skills as they learn the content.

Alrighty everyone, enjoy your summer and I will see you in a few weeks!!!

With much respect,
-J

2 comments:

  1. Cool photo! Where were you climbing? Yosemite?

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay,
    I once spent a couple of weeks in Guam on a holiday from Japan where I was teaching. Although I got the worse sunburn of my life there, I remember how wonderful the beaches are! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete