Monday, June 22, 2009

Patricia Korman


I have been teaching middle school at St. Patrick's for 34 years.  Teaching is my passion, and I remain excited about what I do because there is always something new to learn.  I teach language arts and social studies - ancient civilizations and world history. Some of my interests outside of teaching are reading, hiking, and exploring family history.  I learn best by doing, and I try to actively engage my students in their learning through simulations and literature circles. I look forward to collaborating with other professionals as we move more and more into the digital age.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Patricia,

    Where is St. Patrick's? I also teach middle school "core," which is language arts and social studies.

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello V. Hinkle,
    I was glad to meet someone who also teaches core language arts and social studies. How exciting that you taught in Tanzania last summer. Also glad to meet someone who has been teaching for a number of years and and is still as excited about teaching as I am. I love to integrate the literature and the social studies. There is so much good literature out there, and it makes social studies more personal when student can make connections. See you soon! Patricia

    ReplyDelete