Friday, June 12, 2009

Steven McGriff

Hello MERIT Teachers,

I've been the Teacher-in-Residence at the KCI for one year and am looking forward to meeting you at my second MERIT Summer Institute. I'll see you around, teach a few modules, and generally coordinate your learning experience with the MERIT Instructional Team.

Previously, I was an assistant professor of instructional technology at San Jose State University where I taught courses in visual literacy, instructional design methods, distance learning, and emerging technologies. While at SJSU, the IT department held a number of teacher cohort master degree programs at sites like the KCI, San Jose Unified, East Side Union, Morgan Hill, Cupertino, and even as far away as San Salvador, El Salvador. Sorry, no habla espanol.

I get a kick out of empowering others to use technology as a communication tool for their message...whether that is educational content or personal insight. You, the teacher, are really a communicator of ideas and a connector of those ideas to the learner. Through your work with students emerges the next generation of citizens that makes our society function (or not!) for the rest of us. I believe in your role and responsibility and want to be a part of your professional development. I'm counting on you to be most excellent in all you do for our students.

I live in the Evergreen area of San Jose with my teacher wife, Gloria, and three boys, Sebastian [13], Ethan [11], and Justin [9]. My life at home and work is not complete without my faith in Jesus Christ. I am one of a worldwide following of Jesus who meets at Twin Oaks Church in the Santa Teresa area of San Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment