Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Michal Krupa

Hi everyone,

My name is Michal Krupa, and this will be my second year at the Merit Program. As you may have noticed I look quite a bit younger than most of you, due to the fact that I am an incoming sophomore at Mountain View High School, and not a teacher or instructor. However, I will be at the Merit program as part of the support staff, and I hope to get to know all of you in the coming two weeks. I'll be there to assist you with the technology you will be using, as well as working backstage to help the instructors with whatever they need.

As for a little piece of bio I was born in Olsztyn, Poland, and a useful bit of information for all of you is the phoenetic pronouciation of my name "Me-how". My family, consisting of my sister, dad, mom, and me, moved to California when I was 3, and we've lived here (specifically Mountain View) for the past 12 years with our cat and dog, who is pictured above.

During my "free time" I like to do Dragon Boat, and I am in the dragonboating club at MVHS. I also enjoy working on/with computers, such as fixing them or working with software such as the Adobe Suite, playing PC games and baking-I'm just going to casually slip that last one in.

In the future I hope to work as a software or web engineer (sorry everyone, I am not particularly drawn to teaching), and the type of real-world technical support services that are required at the center are what drew me to the support staff position from the beginning.

If any of you have questions or need help with anything concerning your computers, applications used during Merit, or any other technology based questions you can come find me.

Enjoy the remainder of your vacations, and see you all soon at Merit!

3 comments:

  1. Well, Michal, I think that including you as support staffer is going to provide some pretty interesting collaboration, since teaching is all about students! (What is the phonetic pronunciation of "Michu"?)

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pronounced "me-who" which is a nickname a family friend made for me-as a sort of joke to "me-how". I just use it for usernames and such :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun nickname, as in "Michu's on first."

    ReplyDelete