Saturday, April 25, 2009

V. Hinkle


Hello, everyone,

It's fun reading about you and "meeting" you online. Looking forward to the real thing!

Here's a photo of American and Tanzanian teachers at the Olasiti village school last July. We're posing in front of the office, the only room with a glass window. I'm on the right in the middle row.

I've taught 7th grade core at Redwood MS for a million years, and still love it. My teaching style aims to engage the students, who are typically kinesthetic and interpersonal -- can you picture the noisy groups? However, my personal learning style is linguistic and visual, so that naturally spills over into my teaching. Lots of art, for example.

I have 3 web sites: school at vhinkle.com, photography at pbase.com, and the nonprofit Tanzanian Orphans. As you can guess, my personal interests include travel and photography.

My family includes my darling husband Phil and our grown children Jeff and Dawn. Oh, and the real ruler of the house, Motor the cat. We live in the Santa Cruz mountains.

See you soon,
V

6 comments:

  1. Hey! We both live in the Santa Cruz mountains. We live near Lexington school... where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felton is on the Santa Cruz side, about 6 miles inland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey V,

    Thanks! Yes, I was with a 7 other people and they all quit on me at the cables. So, I had to go up the rock myself!

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi V! I look forward to seeing your work on the websites for district staff and perhaps using it as a portal for merit project. I have been meeting with Harry on district tech stuff and he was telling me about your plans. See you next week:-)
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi V,

    Thanks for the book recommendation. Sounds interesting...I'm going to check it out.
    Have you read Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali? It was eye opening and interesting to me...very inspiring as well.
    See you Monday,

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete