Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sara Devine

Hi, My name is Sara Devine.
This is a picture of me and the other art teachers at Capuchino High School, I'm on the far left. This picture was taken after we won a fashion show designed to get our kids excited about STAR testing. Those are STARS in our hands!
I Teach all the culinary arts classes at Capuchino. I have been teaching for 7 years and am very passionate about food. Just like the science teachers, my classes are for those who love to work with their hands in the lab (kitchen). I'm thrilled to have been selected as one of this years summer institute participants. When we begin, I will have just arrived home from a 3 1/2 week trip to Australia where all my cousins live. I want to introduce my husband of three years to my extended family and the culture that I was raised with. looking forwad to meeting you all and exchanging ideas this summer!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! I love food--I got several advanced degrees in nutrition and I'm so exciting that there are remodeling the cooking classes at my middle school My son has been in Australia for 1 1/2 years and loves it--but I am very much looking forward to him coming home on JUNE 17! I teach 7th grade life science. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to put alive cam on our mother hummingbirds and her two babies. I will include a link to that site when I post tomorrow. My pictures are on my school computer. Nancy Fohner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    Nice to meet you! I am also passionate about food and eating. I never really cooked much until the past 5 years or so and now one of my favorite things to do is stay home and try a new recipe. It is awesome that you are going to Australia and that you have family there. I am also going to be going to Australia in October of this year. Where are you headed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara,
    I look forward to hearing more about your classes.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete