Monday, April 27, 2009

Joan Love

Hi All,
I'm Joan Love from Morgan Hill. I teach 3rd grade at El Toro Elementary. I've taught for so many years that I have had almost every experience one elementary teacher could want. I've taught in Colorado and California, Special Ed, Regular Ed, and Gifted programs. I've taught many grade levels, Charter School, Private School, and Public School. I've taught part-time and full time. I've even taught my own children! Teaching has never been boring. It definitely fits my style. I am a visual learner and I try to incorporate color into every lesson. I believe students should know that learning is fun. Outside of my classroom is a "Friendship Garden". Many students choose to spend time working and learning in the garden. We play games to reinforce many concepts in Math and Science. We have a hands-on Algebra program and Zome tool workshops. I believe students learn best by doing, exploring, and playing in a classroom that values their thinking. Now I am ready to be a student and learn technology. It's an uphill climb for me so I hope I find teachers with extra patience!

2 comments:

  1. Joan, the friendship garden that you have outside of your class sounds really neat. I bet the kids appreciate it so much and will remember that safe space for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan, I hope to hear more about how you work the garden into your curriculm. I helped build a garden at our school last year and new we are working to get teachers to use the outdoor classroom more. I also found out I am teaching 2nd this year. There are few us lower grade teachers in the program so I look forward to learning and sharing ideas about how to bring technology to the 'little ones'.

    ReplyDelete