Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Maggie Welsh

Hi, my name is Maggie Welsh and I am an English teacher at Lynbrook High School. I am currently teaching American Literature and love it. I will be teaching AP Language and Composition to 11th graders next year and am very interested in learning about creating Wikis and Blogs for the course. We have an excellent staff here at Lynbrook that shares and plays well together - I would like to bring back some knowledge from the KCI program to share with them! I look forward to this program because I desperately need to learn about new technology. I have been teaching for nine years and know that the key to success is innovation and willingness to change. I am a learner that likes to listen and watch before doing, so I am looking forward to the seminar this summer where I can learn from all of you.

On a personal note, I have a nine year daughter (not pictured;) named Olivia.

See you all soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Maggie,
    English is part of what I teach, too. Say, is that the orangutan in San Diego?

    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    I taught high school humanities and am interested in learning more about your literature classes. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete