Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dan Raffa


Hello,

My name is Dan Raffa and I teach at Carlmont High School in Belmont, Ca.  I teach a science elective class called Biotechnology.  It is a skills based class with a student centered approach of about 80% lab time.   I am a kinesthetic learner and try to incorporate all forms of learning styles into my classroom.  I am very interested in the inquiry process and I am always looking to integrate it into my lessons.  I love teaching and consider myself a comedian who rewards students with extra credit if they laugh at my jokes.   I enjoy traveling and have not made a decision where to go this summer, I may just look at priceline.com for a last minute deal.  I am very excited about this summer because I want to start using Blogs and Wikis in my class and want to discuss the process with other teachers.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Dan,
    You and Tina have such a cool-sounding class in biotech. I'd like to know more about it, because I know zip now. However, we do share an interest in traveling.

    Hope to get some extra credit from you this summer.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan,
    My daughter graduated from Carlmont. I look forward to hearing more about your program. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete