Monday, April 27, 2009

Michael Kaelin

Greetings, Michael Kaelin here. I teach seventh grade English, reading, social studies, video production, television production, and basic web design (whew!). That makes me tired just looking at it. I've been at Hillview Middle School for ten years.

Effective integration of technology is one of my professional passions, but I hardly know it all. The open-source web world is exciting and full of possibility. My own sense is that using these tools can reduce consumption of material while making learning more powerful and relevant to my students.

Ironically, I'm primarily an auditory learner; however, I teach in a very kinesthetic manner. I work hard to differentiate. For every teaching success, there's always a disaster to improve - such is the art of teaching. Refine, implement, evaluate - refine, implement, evaluate.

On a personal note, my wife and I just celebrate our tenth anniversary and we are expecting twin girls any day. We also have Lucy, our six-year-old, and Ollie, our two-year-old.

I feel blessed to be a teacher and I'm stoked to be a part of this program.

1 comment: