Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nicole Gordon


Hi all,

I am Nicole Gordon and I am in my third year of teaching at Lynbrook High School in San Jose. I currently teach Freshman Lit and Journalism and next year, I will also be teaching AP Literature for Seniors. In addition, I am the adviser for a student run group on campus called Straight Talk About Issues Relevant to Students (S.T.A.I.R.S.) that works to promotes a positive school environment for everyone on campus.

The photo is of me and my Journalism students from last year. I am third from the left on the bottom row.

I have always wanted to be a teacher and even though I sometimes feel like I live at school, I can't immagine doing anything else. As far as teaching style goes, I try to incorporate all types of learners and provide options for students to find a way to express themselves in a matter that fits their learning style. Personally, I am a more of a visual and auditory learner.

Outside of school, I enjoy reading, going to the beach, doing anything outside, cooking, and traveling. I am going to mostly stick around this summer, but currently I am planning a trip to Queensland, Australia for a wedding in October.

I am excited about this summer class because I am looking forward to meeting other enthusiastic teachers and discovering some new and exciting ways to incorporate technology into my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nicole,

    Your budding journalists look like a lively group! I agree with you that meeting other teachers is a fun way to expand. Looking forward to meeting you! Have fun in Australia.

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,
    I look forward to hearing more about your classes.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete