Saturday, April 25, 2009

Michael Bautista


Hello - My name is Michael Bautista and I'm a math teacher at Milpitas High School. I currently teach AP Calculus, Precalculus, and Algebra II and I'm having a great time. I'm looking forward to learning many new tools and techniques during the summer session to help create exciting lessons for next year. I've discovered that I learn well by relating material to goofy, fun ideas (e.g. teaching a lesson about trigonometry and the road-runner), real-world applications, or blending other subjects with math such as art/music. So, I try to incorporate these ideas into my teaching style. I strive for a relaxed classroom environment where students develop high expectations for themselves but have fun at the same time -- and that's something I'm always working on: how to get students enjoying/looking forward to math class. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Michael, I think your goal of woking on "how to get students enjoying/looking forward to math class." is super important and to be honest, I wasn't the best at it as a math teacher. I'm glad to see other people excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be a silly question, but do you ever do any overlap of waves and harmonics of music? I just thought with your extraordinary talent, the kids might really hear what you are saying! Looking forward to working with you-Karen Truesdell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael,
    I hope to hear more about your math classes. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete