Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Meera Ramachandran

Hi Everyone,

I'm Meera Ramchandran from Milpitas. I teach Science for 4th, 5th and 6th grades at Weller. This is my third year teaching and I'm learning a lot each year! Teaching Science is very enjoyable but also demands a lot of planning and organization. My students are visual learners and enjoy hands-on activities. My biggest challenge is in helping them make the connections between the experiments that we do and the concepts behind them, so they can apply them in other situations. My personal learning style is through lectures and reading, which is almost diametrically opposite from those of my students!
Both my students and I love using technology and I have noticed that my teaching is far more effective when accompanied by lots of powepoint slides and video clips. I'm very excited to be part of the KCI class this sumer and look forward to learning more ways of using technology effectively in my classroom.


Meera

3 comments:

  1. Hi Meera,

    You must have a lot of patience to teach science to young students! I look forward to collaborating with you on how to engage and grab more students to the science field.

    Take Care,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meera,

    Thanks for the book recommendation...I'll definitely check it out! Looking forward to meeting you,

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete