Saturday, May 2, 2009

Eric Wong


How many more days until summer?

I have been a social studies and AVID teacher at Fremont High School in Sunnyvale for 5 years. I primarily teach US History (inclusion, sheltered and mainstream) and Government/Economics (AP and mainstream). I have also taught the AVID elective class for four years and coordinate the program at our school. Outside of the classroom, I help coach the varsity baseball team.

Teaching-wise, I really try to connect lessons and objectives to something the students can relate to and understand. In our US History class, I use their family history as a running theme to connect events to their personal history. This is similar to how I learn best since I need to see practical, easy-to-connect ideas to my real life to be truly interested/motivated.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, sharing ideas, and being able to focus on technology in the classroom in a great environment!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric,

    I taught AVID for six years and it was the best experience of my life. I am passionate about the idea of following students for multiple years and helping them to their goal of college. Summer is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric,
    Summer is here! Am looking forward to learning more about your classes. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete