Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jes Notte


Wow, what an interesting group of people! I'm really excited to meet you guys this summer. I'm Jes Notte and I teach 7th and 8th grade social studies at Borel Middle School. This is my 9th year teaching, and like some other members, I've taught in a variety of different states and settings. Before coming to California, I was teaching in Harlem, NY at a charter school. This is a picture of us at a field trip to the Cloisters Museum. We got to take lots of field trips. The best were to colleges so these middle school students could see what it was like to be in college classrooms, sleep in the dorms and eat the food. The girl all the way to the left won a scholarship last year that will pay for her education straight through graduate school. They are an amazing group of kids. Before Harlem, I was in Colorado for five years teaching during the week and skiing/camping/mountain biking every weekend. The love for outdoors brought my husband and I back west to California last August. I love traveling, music, and outdoor fun so I try to incorporate that into my teaching as much as possible. Together we learn from each other by sharing travel pictures and stories. We listen to Dylan and Michael Franti, among other musicians, and after school I co-coach the boys soccer team. This is my first blog! Have a great end of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jes, you seem totally amazing! I can't wait to work with you!!! Wait a sec, don't I know you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Borel! It's a small world.

    ReplyDelete