Monday, May 18, 2009

Pat Stabile


Hi All,
I am Pat Stabile a 7th grade Science Teacher from Price Middle School in San Jose. The picture of me is from a Zero-G experience this school year. My students helped design experiments to bring up to space and had fun finding out the data!
I have taught in New York- (where I'm from), Colorado- (which I love), and Napa, California.
As was one of the original Internet Institute Trainers here in Silicon Valley, I love sharing new technology with both students and teachers.
In my classroom I currently have a Smartboard which immediately elevates you to the status of magician as the students interactively learn.
I am a visual learner but use all learning styles in the classroom. My students love the labs in science and prove that the kinesthetic experience is a great way to learn. Middle school students love making decisions, interacting, working as a group and doing presentations. I enjoy providing that forum for them to grow.
I have a wonderful husband Jerry, that is an art teacher, two grown sons, one an electrical engineer and the other in business. We enjoy traveling together to great science destinations
such as Costa Rica and up next Australia!
I am very excited to meet all of you, enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to creating
and learning this summer. I am thrilled to be a Merit Teacher!

1 comment:

  1. SO COOL! I love your picture. It sounds like you incorporate great projects into your classroom. I cannot wait to hear more about your experiences here!!

    ReplyDelete