Monday, July 6, 2009

Juanita Rodriguez

I am looking forward to a stimulating two weeks at the KCI Merit Program, accumulating experiences and ideas that I will integrate into my teaching.  I have taught as a special education teacher for eight years here in the Silicon Valley and previously in Los Angeles.  I love teaching math, science, and art.
As a student I find that I need to see and do before I can really understand and learn.  For that reason I try to have as many hands-on experiences and project-based learning as possible.  I love taking classes at RAFT to develop my repertoire, have participated in the SF Exploratorium Teacher Institute, and am constantly on the look for other such opportunities.

2 comments:

  1. Great to meet and work with you today. What's the SF Exploratorium Teacher Institute all about? I can't wait to see our final comic!
    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Teacher Institute is...fan-tas-tique! It professional development for science and math teachers. The focus is on hands-on investigations and utilizes the exhibits at the Exploratorium. Check out their website, they have tons of lesson plans and "snacks." Snacks are mini, inexpensive versions of the museum exhibits that teachers can make for their own classrooms. During the insitute teachers are expected to make one or two of these at a temporary worshop created just for us on the main floor of the museum. As you explore the website check out the Iron Science Teacher videos.

    ReplyDelete