Thursday, July 2, 2009

Annette Jackson


I am Annette Jackson and I am anxious to begin participating in the Merit Program this year. I have recently celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary and my 17-year-old son’s graduation from high school. I also have a 4-year-old daughter who will begin kindergarten in August of this year. I have truly been blessed with my family.I have been a Special Education teacher at Morrill Middle School for the past 4 years. I have taught both SDC and RSP students in the areas of Language Arts, Social Science, Science, Math, and Study Skills. More recently, I have taught RSP Math and Study Skills. I am very fortunate to have a fabulous, dedicated team of teachers to work with, Juanita Rodriguez (also in the Merit Program) being one of them.

This year was my first year being the Department Head of Special Education. I am aware that I have much to learn, but my favorite quote is:

“Anything worth doing, is worth doing poorly at first”—Tim Bowman

I believe that you are never too old to learn life lessons, even if they are from your own children or students. I anticipate that this will be a wonderful learning experience for me, as we begin our classes on July 6th. I am anxious to get to know all of you and learn from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment