Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thom Stevens



Hey-

My name is Thom Stephens, I am the 8th grade science teacher at Ida Price Middle School in San Jose, Ca.

I have been teaching science for 19 years and the picture you see is from my annual DC trip that I take my 8th graders on....by the way , I am the handsome devil to the left in the picture.....the gentleman to the right , is Danny Kirwan , another Merit program participant.....

I am looking forward to the program as I feel that I have all this wonderful technology in my classroom ( document camera, computer, dvd player) and I want to utilize it to make my subject matter( no science pun intended)and to come alive.....I am extremely hands on with my subject matter and can be found most days exploding something in class or at least involving flames to some degree......

I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world for 10 years have two wonderful children, Liam and Ayden, and have been a confirmed Star Trek fan since as long as I can remember......Live Long and Prosper............See you this summer

To check out my insanities go to :http://www.cambrian.k12.ca.us/price/teachers/staffpages/room_40/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Thom,
    I just looked at the KCI schedule, and it looks like we get teamed up in ABC order on the first day's project. I think we bring up the tail end of the alphabet, you, Whitney, and me. See you soon.

    V

    ReplyDelete